Jesus Is My Homeboy

a place for teens to share their faith and how peer pressure and everyday stress affects it

Sunday, June 11, 2006

so what are your standards?

i talked to a friend today on what my standards were for my future husband. i didnt realize how i had left those standards in past relationships to ease myself of loneliness and cheat myself in the means of love. i long for someone who loves god as much as i do. someone who is loving and compassionate. i have made a vow to myself and to God to not date anyone who doesnt have these traits. so i challenge you to do the same about your future spouse. make a list, as long as you want and stick to it, dont settle for less.

1 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

Im so impressed with you guys. Your right on and I was no where near that when I was a senior in highschool.
A short story with a bit of advice attached.. I dated a guy who seemed to have the same values I did and a sense of what God was all about and this was exciting and after a few dates and me feeling like HE WAS THE ONE after a deep discussion on God and Jesus Christ his version was way off from mine. Yes he believed in them but his beliefs were far astray from what mine where. You can meet a spiritual person but they can be raised on a different type of truth. Always ask questions to see if they truley believe the same as you. If there version has a bunch more additives than the Holy Bible then it wont work.. the bible talks about being unequally yoked.
You guys impress me everyday.. I admire your strength and courage and it helps me.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home