Friends Are What Matter

So I have this friend that I know from the program I was in last year at OTC. His name is Adam and we went to Jefferson City on a school trip and thats how we met. At school things were awkward and I didn't really think I would ever see him again especially since I was going to school in Joplin. Sometimes things change and when they did I came back home and went back to OTC for school. Yesterday, I came down a set of stairs and I saw him sitting in a chair and I decided not to go talk to him then. I was unsure about the situation. Becky and I went and got food and came back...I told her to take the long way...right past his chair. He seemed happy to see me and I him. We talked for a while and I realized the friendship that I had missed out on before. I have been going through this time in my life where I thought a boyfriend was all I ever needed and I didn't think about just having a guy friend(s). I think this will be a good experience and hopefully a great friendship to help test my faith in God. You see, we have this time of singleness and we can either throw a pitty party for ourselves or we can embrace life that has been given to us by God. I truly believe that God puts people in our lives for a reason...sometimes it is to teach a lesson, but at times it is for comfort. Adam is a great guy and with the only intention of friendship, I think things are going to be wonderful!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home